15 May 2012

From the Editor

Dear JURIS Staff:

On behalf of our Executive Editors and myself, it has been a pleasure to serve as the Editor-in-Chief of JURIS for the 2011 – 2012 academic year.

I would like to take a moment to thank the entire JURIS staff for their hard work, dedication, creativity, and enthusiasm. Each staff member has been an essential part and our bi-annual publication and blog would not have been what it was without your talent and hard work. I would like to especially thank our Executive Editors, Jeff Fromknecht and Brandon Keller for their creativity, unwavering dedication and hard work toward JURIS. I would also like to thank Daniel McGrane, our Web Editor and our JURIS_Blog writers for keeping JURIS_Blog updated frequently with timely legal news blog entries.

I would like to formally announce that the incoming Editor-in-Chief of JURIS will be Bridget Daley. I have the utmost confidence that she will carry on JURIS with the high standards that we have come to expect from the publication and I would like to wish her the best of luck as Editor-in-Chief.

In closing, for those students who are graduating this June, I would like to say congratulations and wish you the best of luck in all of your future endeavors and for the students who have another year of school, best of luck with your final year.

We have had another successful year for JURIS and I look forward to seeing the publication grow in the future!

Very truly yours,


Kiran K. Patel
Duquesne University School of Law
Juris Doctor Candidate – Class of 2012
Executive Research Editor - Duquesne Business Law Journal
Editor-in-Chief - Juris Magazine